STALLION SERVICE CONTRACT
Does not guarantee breeding until returned with deposit.
This certifies , here referred to as mare owner, has engaged one service to for the mare, , reg. No. for the 200 season at
$ live foal guarantee.
Circle M Quarter Horses will herein be referred to as Breeder.
This service is subject to the following:
1. A booking fee of $ of the above fee is payable with this contract and the balance of $
plus all unpaid expenses will be payable upon receipt of an invoice or when the mare leaves the farm, whichever is first. The Breeder requires 24 hours advance notice when the Mare Owner wishes to remove his mare(s) from the farm. This will allow us sufficient time to prepare the final statement so the Owner may settle his account.
2. A photostatic copy of registration papers (both sides), a veterinarian's health certificate, including worming and immunization records, coggins paper, are required. If these are not presented upon mare's arrival, the Breeder shall have the attending veterinarian make proper tests and evalutions at the Mare Owner's expense. Tetanus, sleeping sickness, and streptococcus injections shall be administered while the mare is being bred at Mare Owner's expense if immunizations are not current. Flu and phenopneumonitis vaccine must be given before the mare arrives. A current Coggins test shall be furnished upon delivery of mare to the breeding farm.
3. The Mare Owner shall agree that each mare offered for breeding shall be in sound breeding condition and free from infection or disease. Any mare certified by the attending veterinarian not to be, in his opinion, in sound breeding condition shall not be bred. Mare Owner may substitute another mare within that breeding season.
4. The breeder agrees to diligently try and settle the above named mare and shall have sole discretion of determing the best method of breeding such mare. If, however, the mare does not settle, the Breeder shall not be held responsible. There will be no guarantees of a live foal for any mare not being checked and pronounced safely in foal at 30 days by a veterinarian.
5. Live Foal Guarantee. Live foal means the foal shall stand and nurse. It is understood that, if the mare proves barren, aborts her foal, or if the foal is stillborn, A RETURN SEASON WILL BE GUARANTEED THE FOLLOWING YEAR ONLY, provided proper notification is given. Proper notification shall be defined as follows: Written certification by a licensed veterinarian within
seven days that the mare has slipped or produced a non-viable foal. Mare Owner cerifies that such abortion or death did not result from any act or omission of the Owner subsequent to the mare's departure from Circle M Quarter Horses.
6. Waiver of Liability. It is understood that the breeding farm, its owners, employees, veterinarians, and guests shall not be liable for any injury, escape, disability, or death of any horse on its premises. The above named Mare Owner, whose horse(s) are under the care of Circle M Quarter Horses will not be liable or responsible for any damage, injury, or death to the breeding farm stallions, employees, veterinarians, or other animals in the care of Circle M Quarter Horses, whether or not caused by his horse.
7. The breeding season in force for this contract shall begin February 1st and close July 1st of the year covered by this contract.
8. It is further agreed that should the above named stallion die, or become unfit for service, or, if the above named mare dies, during the breeding season then the Mare Owner may substitute another mare or breed the above named mare to another stallion on the farm that is agreed to by both the Mare Owner and Breeder.
9. A breeder's certificate will be issued to Mare Owner after all expenses have been paid in full and upon notification of the birth of the foal.
10. The booking fee is not refundable.
11. When the above named Mare Owner signs and returns one copy of this contract to the Breeder it will then be a binding contract on both parties subject to the above terms and conditions. This contract is not valid unless completed in full.
Board per day: Is mare insured? Yes No Date:
I accept the above agreement.
Stalls: Company Name Mare Owner or Authorized Agent
Policy No. Street
Emergency Phone No. City, State, Zip
BACK TO MAIN